About Named Entities
The key feature of Summarizer v4.0 is recognition of names (named entities) and relations between them. For example, in some news Intellexer Summarizer identifies Lucas Papademos as Person and determines the relation to Nationality and Position as Greek Prime Minister.
You can see all the named entities extracted from the source text in Named Entity Tree in the application, which significantly facilitates information analysis.
Types of named entities in Intellexer Summarizer:
- Organization - names of organizations including abbreviations from the source text
- Person - names of people including first, second, last, and nicknames from the source text
- Location - geographical names from the source text
- Position - person's position from the source text
- Age - person's age from the source text
- Date - exact dates from the source text
- Duration - the period of time from the source text
- Nationality - person's nationality from the source text
- All the necessary information on Organizations, Persons and Locations is structured visually.
- No need to read the whole document.
- Quick information analysis due to determined relations between names.
- Possibility to rearrange the summary with emphasis on this or that named entity.
- Download and install Free trail of Intellexer Summarizer v4.0.
- Run Summarizer and select "Summarizer URL" command.
- Enter the URL of any news article (for example this one).
- Activate Named Entity Tree tab in the lower left corner of the application.
You will be impressed at the result. Empowered by semantic technologies of information analysis, Summarizer easily finds named entities and related information and visually displays them in Named Entity Tree.
- Only the first 3 types of named entities are activated by default: Person, Organization and Location. You can activate any other preferable ones at any time.
- You can highlight specific names in the summary by selecting them in Named Entity Tree. Please note that some names may not appear in the summary because the summary length might be set as short. Increase the summary length.